What is brow lamination? How long does brow lamination last?
Brow lamination is procedure of "relaxing" brow hair and giving the brows exactly the shape your client wants. You read it correctly, during brow lamination we relax the hair by breaking the disulphide bonds and restructuring them giving the hair new direction.
Brow lamination procedure is great for coarse and thick hair, but also for fine brow hair that does not have a lot of volume. Another advantage of the procedure is that after brow lamination and tint, the brow hair deposits more hair dye and stays tinted for a longer time. On average client will enjoy the result of brow lami for 6 to 8 weeks.
- Macadamia oil that nourishes, hydrates, and restructures the hair without weighing it down; has strengthening effect and adds shine to the hair;
- Argan oil repairs dry and brittle hair; strengthens hair follicles and promote healthy growth of the eyebrow hairs;
- Almond oil makes the hair soft and shiny; protects hair cuticles adding volume to the brow hair;
- Marigold Lipo Extract which has a soothing effect on reddened and inflamed skin.
- Chamomile flower extract which is a powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient.
Are all lash and eyebrow perms the same?
When it comes to the lash or brow lifting solutions, we know that all of them come as a 2 step combo. But they are not the same.
Most of the time, lash lift solutions should not be applied on eyebrows making a contact with the skin, and eyebrow perms should not be applied on the delicate hair of eyelashes. Moreover most of the solutions have very strong ingredients, or very high concentration of such, and some of them even contain carcinogenic ingredients such as Sodium Bromate.
When talking about Italy and products made in Italy, we face very strong restrictions and regulations as to the ingredients used specifically for treatments on lashes and brows. Sodium Bromate is banned all together with a long list of other harmful ingredients, and they even regulated the highest allowed percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide in products used on eyelashes and eyebrows! This percent should not exceed 2%! (Most of our regular oxidants that we use for brow tint has 3% of Hydrogen Peroxide, but not in Italy!)
What is Brow lamination procedure time?
As I have already mentioned InLei has created a unique and super awesome solutions, plus now technician can forget about the brow film or any sort of heat exposure for solutions to work.
InLei Brow Lift 1 and Lock 2 has very nice consistency when you can work with a client sitting up or laying down and solution will stay in place!
Another awesome thing is that they are super quick!
Use InLei Brow Lift 1 for 6 -12 minutes and only 5-8 minutes for the Lock 2. When it comes to tint, I would suggest to reduce the exposure time into half - leave tint for only 5 minutes instead of 10. Brow Bomber is a leave in solution, so no need to wait to remove it!
So if we add everything up the eyebrow lamination procedure timing will be 25 minutes at most! Add 15-20 minutes for preparation, filling forms or brow mapping, and the full procedure time will still be under an hour!
Brow Lamination Procedure steps using InLei Brow Bomber:
- Clean client's brows with the InLei cleansing mousse
- Use saline treatment to prepare the brow hair cuticle
- Use Brow Lift Solution 1 to relax the hair - do not cover the hair with the film, InLei solutions work perfectly without heat exposure
- Pad the brows with cotton pad. Follow up with Brow Lock Solution 2 to rebuild disulfide bonds and fix the brow hair in the desired position. Brush the hair up during this step.
Finish up with Brow Bomber 3 - to nourish the hair and keep it flexible and shiny.
For more detailed steps follow our blog!
Text written by Mariia Kotova